Design Office Manager / Chief Mechanical Engineer
Permanent, Full Time
Due to expansion, an exciting position has become available for a Chief Mechanical Engineer to join a friendly Engineering team based in Norwich, Norfolk. The main purpose of the role will be to lead the Mechanical Engineering team, including the Drawing Office, ensuring efficient use of resources to maximise output whilst ensuring rigorous attention to detail is maintained.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following disciplines: Lateral analysis, thermal analysis, stress analysis & noise prediction.
– To ensure the departmental workload is evenly spread across the department members ensuring the engineering instructions are issued to the relevant departments in a timely manner.
– To motivate the drawing office team to improve and maintain departmental moral.
– To be an active member in updating the departments CAD to 3D.
– To produce department office statistics for senior management.
– To respond, as necessary, to technical queries raised by other departments.
– To aid Sales and Service in customer support. This might entail site visits from time to time including overseas travel.
– To establish and engender the adoption of value engineering principles, design for manufacture and concurrent engineering techniques in product development.
– To undertake mechanical design analysis as required in order to ensure the mechanical integrity of the Company’s product range.
– To support the Applications Design Draughtsmen in the modification of existing production designs and the production of new designs.
– To duly consider the Electrical Design Process and its interaction with mechanical design in order to optimise product performance.
– To identify and action training requirements within the Mechanical Engineering team.
– Ensure Health and Safety procedures and good housekeeping are adhered to at all times.
Ideally you’ll have:
– Understanding of technical drawings.
– Experience of the manufacturing environment.
– Experience in the following disciplines of Lateral analysis, Thermal analysis, Stress analysis, Noise prediction.
– In-depth knowledge of hazardous area certification.
– Experience in Seismic analysis
The company are a specialist special purpose machinery manufacturer and their products are well know worldwide. They value their staff and are proud of the reputation they hold both locally, and internationally.
So what are you waiting for? If you feel you have the skills for this job then apply now!